The Commission consists of a two-tier structure. At the apex of the structure is a nine- member Commission, comprising a Chairman, Vice Chairman, three other members appointed on full-time basis and four part-time members, one of whom is ex officio, namely the Chairman of the National Council for Tertiary Education. The other three part-time members are persons, with extensive experience in the operation of the public services, appointed in their personal capacities.
Supporting the Commission is a secretariat made up of the office of the Secretary, three main functional divisions, and one support division, Finance & Administration.
Functional Divisions of the Commission
The three core divisions under the Secretary are:
- Human Resources Policy Division (HRPD)
- Management Services Division (MSD)
- Research,Information,Monitoring & Evaluation Division (RIME)
The divisions have subdivisions,called Units,under them.
The Units under HRPD are:
- Petitions,Appeals & Grievances
- Appointments, Promotions, Conditions of Service & Discipline
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Development & Examinations
The MSD is composed of the following units:
- Organisational Systems Reviews and Deveolpment
- Manpower Planning and Deployment
The RIME is also composed of the following units:
- Research, Documentation and Library
- Personnel Data and Information Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
The support division, Finance and Administration division,provides the administrative and logistic support for the core Divisions.