Application for appointment as Director I in the Ghana Education Service
June 29, 2022
The Ghana Education Service invites applications from suitably qualified persons who are goal–oriented and results–driven with good leadership qualities for appointment to the position of Director I.
- JOB PURPOSE
Generally responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of Government–approved pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national levels of education at the direction of the Director-General.
- KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical advice on matters relating to pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Lead the assessment of the implementation of pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Lead the development and implementation of systems for the monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Exercise oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of human, material and financial resources of the Ghana Education Service at regional or national level.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of all requisite reporting requirements of the region or the division.
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A serving certified professional teacher in the Ghana Education Service.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Management or any related field.
- Should be a Director II.
- Should have served a minimum of four (4) years at current grade.
- Satisfactory work history with proven performance and exemplary conduct.
- Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in pre-tertiary educational policies and related issues.
- Extensive knowledge of the operations of the Ghana Education Service and Allied Institutions
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills
- Emotional stability and ability to cope with pressure
- Good knowledge of public financial management laws and regulations.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Knowledge of relevant IT applications.
- High integrity, confidentiality, firm and fair.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- Applicants should be able to serve for a minimum of three (3) years on appointment before reaching the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
- Salary and conditions of service are as laid down by the Ghana Education Service.
- MODE OF APPLICATION
- An applicant should download and fill the GES Application Form from the PSC website.
- An applicant should complete an ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Applicants should upload the following:
- Vision Statement
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Certificates from Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous Promotion Letter
- Curriculum Vitae with contact information of three (3) referees
- Any other relevant document
- Applications should be forwarded not later than two (2) weeks from the date of first publication of this advertisement.
NB: Deadline for registrations is 15th July 2022.